Friday, February 12, 2010

The Ghost of Valentines Past

Brad and I just celebrated our 4th Valentines together. Yes, 4. How could that much time have passed so quickly? We decided not to celebrate Valentines together since it was so close to our 6th monthaversary, but he surprised me and we celebrated! Yay! (Good move, Brad). And as I was thinking about Valentines, I reminisced about all our past Valentines. They were all so special.

I'm starting with Valentines 2007. Brad and I had just started dating, and really, no Valentines before 2007 really matters anyway. :)

In 2007, we went to Backstreet Cafe on Shephard. We were the youngest people there and it was very nice. We had a multi course meal and had a blast! If you've never been there, you should go and try it out. And then after dinner, we took pics of ourselves. Classic.


Valentines 2008, may be my favorite Valentines yet. I'm sure you remember the infamous Valentines Ditch Day. Brad and I took off Valentines from work and spent the day doing our favorite things: We ate breakfast at Le Peep, hung our at Herman Park, went to the Museum of Fine Arts, ate Chick fi la for dinner, and then went to the movies. It was awesome!!! I think everyone should have at least one Valentines ditch days in their lives. It's just happy!

Valentines 2009 was special. Our only Valentines as an engaged couple. We went to brunch, I got my Iphone and then dinner with my parents! I even wore my Valentines tshirt. :) How cute! As I'm sure you can tell, Brad puts together beautiful flowers!!

Valentines 2010! We went to Ousie's Table, which is sooo nice! Brad had called ahead and had them put roses on our table. They are still sitting on our kitchen table and are beautiful! I had scallops with risotto and if you don't know me well, I LOVE scallops! And if you don't know me well, stop reading my blog, thats just creepy. Anyway, we had a delicious meal and an awesome dessert...chocolate rasberry creme brulle. Mmmmm. It was a lot of fun!

Hope you too have had some wonderful Valentine's with your loved ones.

2 comments:

Brittany Bankhead-Kendall said...

This was our 4th Valentine's together, too! How cool! PS #1 LOVE your shirt in the first Valentine's pic! PS #2 Brad DOES put together some rockin flower arrangements, so classy and pretty! PS #3 Valentine's Ditch Day sounds like a must... especially if the Sneads say so! PS#4 Love you and miss you!

Mom said...

Kitty, it does my heart good to hear you two are so in love.