Monday, August 23, 2010

School days, school days.

This morning my alarm went off at 4:40. i know, sounds crazy, but lets be serious, it was the first day of school. Ever since I can remember, i've never been able to sleep well the night before the first day of school. I'm always so excited about new planners, pencils, power points ...and the list could go on.

This morning as I was getting up, Brad played "School days." And it sounded very good over our surround sound, I might say :) Brads mom used to play it for them on the first day of school and he has passed on the tradition. You may or may not know it "School days, school days, dear old golden rule days. " And he left a note next to my coffee cup for the morning. Very very sweet.

So I went to work and got to work early, just in enough time to pick up my beautiful decoration that had fallen to the ground. It was very sad. So moral of the story - a hot glue gun did not solve all my concrete problems. But I fixed it and prepared for my class and was outside at 7 waiting for my kiddos. I actually think it might be back on the floor tomorrow morning. hahha Today went well and my new kiddos did well, but i think my favorite part of the first day is getting visits and hugs from old students. They just get so excited to see me and it encourages me.

Aside from the decoration that fell and had to be re stuck in record time, i think my room is the cutest its ever been . I actually got lots of compliments on it today. But then again, in high school, it's not hard to do considering high school teachers don't decorate as much as other grades. But I heart my room this year. oh and it has a couch. Thank you, Terri, for your bachelorette couch. It found another home. and my kids think its cool. First day was a success.

and first day of school happy hour with Cynthia was a success too. :)

now i'm exausted and my feet are tired. I will prop myself on my couch - just me, my bradley and a little DDD (Drop dead diva).

Here's to my 5th year of teaching.

Where did the time go?

Go Panthers!

No comments: