Saturday, June 11, 2011

Our time in the Middle East

Our first week of our vacation is coming to a close tonight and I'm pretty sure I'll never be the same.

We spent 5 amazing nights in Israel. I cannot begin to share with you how incredible this time was. Brad and I watched the sunrise over the Sea of Gallilee, we walked in Capurnum, went to Nazareth, Bethlehem, Jeruselum, Jericho, and many small places along the way. We walked the path of Jesus ministry. And by walked, I mean drove, but drove just doesn't sound as dramatic :) Either way, it was pretty cool. 

I will not go into the conflict over here in the middle east, but it has definately opened my eyes to the conflict in Israel. My only question to anyone who has an opinion about the conflict over here would be "Have you had dinner in the home of a Palestinian?" I have and it has touched my heart. I'm no politician by any means and I offer no solution. But I've been touched by the friendships I've made over here and my heart breaks for the innocent people who have to live behind walls. It makes me grateful for my freedoms. No one tells me where and when I can't leave Houston. No one tells me how I can and cannot get there. This has been eye opening, to say the very least.

And then we spent 3 nights in Jordan and saw Petra.  So cool!!

I hope to post pictures when we return. But wow, this has been an amazing week.

Now, we're off to Italy...............

No comments: