Friday, October 17, 2008

That's a cool feeling.

If you're from Houston and about my age, you might remember the days when Sam Malone did the morning show....Before they decided he was too old and moved him to Mix 96.5. Anyway, he had this segment called "that's a cool feeling" where he would talk about funny things that happen and say thats a cool feeling. Example: When you are half asleep barely getting on the computer for the first time of the day and you forgot you had your volume turned all the way up. You are clicking around all nice and peaceful and all of the sudden you get blasted by some music. That's a cool feeling.

Ok, I have one to share with you. Last year sometime I bought some cheapish jeans to wear to work. I hate wearing my nice ones, because you never know what may happen (ex: the great marker war of fall 2006). Therefore, I try not to wear anything I can't replace or live without. (mainly my paige jeans). So, i bought these jeans and because i liked them so much, brad bought me another pair. Well, last year one of my students came up to me and said, "ms. oropeza, I have those jeans too." oh dear. me and the high schooler have the same jeans....

That's a cool feeling.

And today...it happened again. one of spanish I students has my jeans! crazy. yet again....

That's a cool feeling.


Maybe I should rethink where I shop....

3 comments:

Brittany Bankhead-Kendall said...

hahahaha i remember hearing about when the first time happened! i cant believe it happened again!

The Trombleys said...

that's pretty funny, lauren... Maybe you should start wearing elastic waisted pants like my grandmother does, then you'd never have that problem. : P

Claire said...

This is cracking me up, I can totally relate. I was subbing last year and had a pair of my sevens on, and one kid got marker on them, and another food...boo for messy kids. They need to learn their brands and what marker should not touch ;)