Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy 28th birthday to me!

It's been so long since I've blogged and I figure when better to blog than on my 28th birthday. Nothing like a birthday to make you evaluate your life. So here I am... well into my late twenties and seeing my thirties upon the horizon. Did I really just say that? Thirties on the horizon? wow. I just don't feel 28. No way. It also helps that I get carded anytime I order a drink. Anyone else get carded at weddings? Firm Christmas parties? Oh no, just me. and that's why I don't feel 28. But turns out I really am 28 - The age my mom was when she had me. And yes, she reminded me of that this morning. :) And Preston and Lauren G gave me a toast Saturday night - a toast to fertility. Weird. Maybe they're trying to send me a message or something. I don't know. I don't read well between lines. But Speaking of toasts....since I'm 28 I may as well embrace it so... I'll toast to 28. Here's to being 28 but feeling much younger. Here's to 28 years of family, friends, fun, travel, school, school and more school. Here's to being 28 - whatever it brings!!

And speaking of whatever it brings, I'm thinking about doing something special with my last 2 years of my twenties. You know what I'm talking about. One of those cheesy and overdone, "30 things to do before you're 30" list. But ya know what? I like cheesy and I like goals. and checklists. Man, do I love checklists. Sometimes I just write to do lists including things I've already done, just so I have something to check off. Makes me feel accomplished. So I think this would be fun. I thought about doing 30 half marathons before I'm 30, but that didn't feel special enough - and I don't think it's possible to do 30 marathons in the next 2 years. And after Sunday, who knows if I'll ever do a 2nd. So I'm still thinking about this. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them - So we'll see what comes out of this. Maybe it will be a short little check list of worth while things, but believe I'll add something I've already done so at least I don't have to start at 0. I don't want to feel defeated before I even start. We'll see what happens.

In the mean time, Happy Birthday to me! And a BIG Thank you  to my parents, my Brad, and all my friends who made it special. It was a wonderful weekend!

Cheers to being 28!

1 comment:

Mary said...

You could 30 miles before you're 30...all at once. :)

mary