Thursday, January 12, 2012

Inspiration at the Cash Register

Reason #5670395728935 while I love Whole Foods: I walk up to the counter to check out, thinking this will be an ordinary transaction. I give her my food, she asks me if I found everything alright, I say yes, she bags, I pay, I leave. I was wrong. When I walk up to the counter the cashier says "What's  your inspiration?" It takes me off guard. What is she talking about? Inspiration for what? Turns out, it was a general question and I decide to answer quickly - First thing I think of is my husband. My husband is my inspiration. Or at least one of the things that inspire me. It was a question that took me off guard, but I've been thinking about it since I left Whole Foods. Brad does inspire me. He inspires me to be a better person, to have faith in myself and others. He inspires me to dream and to take risks. He is an inspiration to me and I imagine others too. and I am so grateful for him.

So what I thought would be an ordinary trip to the store - Get a little Kale, some garlic and a few bananas  - turned out to be a very interesting trip that made me think and made me grateful. Life is too short to not think about things that matter. And if nothing inspires us, maybe we should rethink our life...our priorities.

So I ask you too: What inspires you today?

No comments: