Thursday, January 9, 2014

My 30th Birthday

I set out to write an amazing, heartfelt, post of all the wise things I learned in my 20's. It was going to be witty and wise, and have a catchy theme, like "30 things I learned before 30." And it never came. And I thought and I thought and it still never came. And yesterday, while in the shower - which mind you is where all my great thoughts develop - I realized that I couldn't write it became I was thinking about it all wrong. I realized that my 30th Birthday doesn't mark the end of anything. I can't spend all week grieving my lost 20's or thinking of all the things I haven't done by now. That is silly. Hitting 30 is just another day. And besides, I have a good life and so many things to be proud of and grateful for. So, today on my 30th, I'm not going to look at it is at the end of something, but rather look at it as just another day for me to be the very best Lauren that I can.  

No comments: