Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Feels like home

Do ever feel like a place feels like home, even though it isn’t? It feels comfortable and normal...like you just belong. That is exactly how i feel about College Station. Now, if you're not an Aggie, you just won't understand this, so you may as well stop reading.

The first time I graduated from A&M, Laureng and I cried all the way home from Northgate the night we graduated. Not because we would miss northgate (although we did :)) but because we would miss college, our friends, and A&M. In a few days, I am graduating...AGAIN! I know...it's crazy! I've decided to call it Graduation: The Sequel....it sounds more exciting that way. But today as I walked around campus for the last time as a student, I felt sad again. Now, I know what you're saying to yourself "self, why is Lauren sad, she didn't even live in college station." You're right, I didn't..I did most of my masters classes online and only went to campus sometimes, but you know what... there is something special about being an A&M student. If you're an Aggie, you know what i'm talking about.

Yesterday Brad told me that you're always an Aggie...so I guess he's right (which he tends to be most of the time). I'm for real a former student now. crazy!

With that said.....more to come on Graduation: The Sequel...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay lauren's lovely life! and i'm an aggie... so i know what you're saying in this whole entire blog entry. i'm totally there.

Unknown said...

i think i was also crying because the very next day you were leaving me for 3 months...it was too much change for 1 day.