Thursday, August 21, 2008

happy 32nd anniversary to my parents!

It's about 7:15 and I'm still in my classroom. I just checked my email and couldn't go on without sharing this with people. I have to leave ASAP because every minute I stay here, I realize a poster is off centered, or I think of something else creative I can do with my class.

My parents do not know that I am sharing this, but it is too sweet and special to keep it to myself. Today is my parents 32nd anniversary. I know! I can't even fathom that amount of time. Brad sent a a happy anniversary email to my parents this morning and in reponse my dad said, "Thirty-two years flies by rather quickly when you spend it with the right person." I almost cried when I read that. Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever heard? And then my mom said, "That’s because we are MFEO."And if you don't know MFEO,it is made for each other. and if you didn't know that you are sadly deprived of one of the best girl movies of all time. Anyway, I just wanted to share that, because I hope that after being married for 32 years(to whoever that may be ;)), I would be incredibly blessed to be half as happy as they are. It hasn't been an easy road..and if you've heard my parents testimony, you know that, but how amazing is it to see where the Lord has taken them and what joy he has given them in their marriage.

In summary (there goes the teacher in me), I have amazing parents who are so in love. happy anniversary to them! and yay for them getting married, because now yall all have me :). (humility is one of my strenths).

ok, I am leaving my classroom now.

thanks and gigem.

4 comments:

bwsnead said...

i believe it is "to whomever" ;)

Brittany Bankhead-Kendall said...

i love the teacher in you!

The Trombleys said...

Brad told me about your blog! Happy Anniversary to your parents!! Hannah was born on my parents' anniversary (the 13th) so needless to say they didn't get much attention this year. Your parents are so sweet and I am so thankful they seem so in-love still! I do hope (and pray, quite often actually ;) the same for you! ;)

Love,
Mary

Unknown said...

girl, that is SO sweet! i LOVE that your mom used the abbrevs, so cute.