Monday, August 25, 2008

So long sweet summer...

In the words of Dashboard Confessionals, "so long sweet summer." Summer is officially over and school is back in session.

Although, I loved our professional development week (probably much more than most teachers), it is time to get my back to my job: teaching. I really enjoyed last week, working with teachers and doing my new responsibility. I am now the spanish I and II team leader at my school, which is a lot more work than I thought, and probably not worth the stipend, but I really like it. I get to organize curriculum and boss people around...2 things I love. Not boss...delegate...that's what they taught us at our leadership conference. :) Just kidding. Really though, I love being able to help teachers be better teachers and I really enjoy that part of my new responsibility. It makes me certain that eventually I want to work with teachers, outside of the classroom.

And now back to my students. Class has started and I'm anxious to see what my third year of teaching has in store for me. Third year...I know....it's crazy!

2 comments:

bwsnead said...

you will do great, babe!

The Trombleys said...

you'll be so good at your new position, Lauren! I hope you are enjoying it as much at the end of the year as you seem to now! :)