Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Friday Afternoon.

I used to be so glad when Friday afternoon came. Finally, 2 days of freedom from my baby gangsters. But it's different now. Don't get me wrong, I'd sure rather be hanging out with my friends and family than working, but I don't feel such a need to run for the Springs door. I am two weeks into my third year teaching and I have never been more calm and stress free as a teacher. My kids are the absolute greatest. Of course there's a few thorns in my haystack, but they're really not that thorny. I haven't had anything thrown at me, i havent been cussed at, and I haven't had any attitude. What is wrong with my kids?? I don't know what's in the water, but I like it. I'm afraid if I say it, i will jinx it, but I don't believe in superstituion anyways, so I'm just going to say it....The Lord has really blessed me with great kids this year. I'm excited to work for a stronger administration than even last year and it has really made a difference in our school, or at least in my classroom. Sure, I've learned tons, and I control my class better than last year which and it IS night and day from my first year. With all that said, my year is off to a great start and my kids are great! Harry Wong would be so proud!

Oh and as if my week couldn't get any better, a miracle happened last night. I went to starbucks to get Brad a coffee for his late night work night and I didn't even look at the menu, thinking to myself, "self, you know what the whole menu says, just order." So I order grande vanilla latte and decaf (because i sure wasn't pulling an all nighter) cinnomon dulce latte. I order that because 1) it's pretty good and 2) it's the only think I like from starbucks that brad can't make. anyway, after I paid, I looked up and there it was, written in big words...PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE. It was a coffee miracle! It's back for a limited time only! (do I sound like an infomercial?) It's my fave, it's back and it was beautiful!

ok, now that i've wasted a sufficient time, it's time to leave. Good thing cy fair is paying me to blog. :)

have a very merry CFS! (college football saturday)

No comments: